I focus on projects that develop entirely new solutions that allow a site to do something it was not able to do before or extend a plugin with functionality that it lacks rather than customizing your site’s UI.
I am also fluent and have a lot of experience in converting designs into fully-functional WordPress themes that utilize modern technologies and adhere to web standards.
I have worked on
- Developing custom plugins, such as a two-factor authentication plugin that requires users to input a code generated on their phone in order to sign in.
- Adding extra functionality to existing plugins, including WooCommerce Bookings and The Events Calendar.
- Modifying the default behavior of WordPress core to do something extra, such as developing a new plugin for restricting access to posts based on user roles and categories.
- REST API and React-powered sites and modules for existing sites.
- Integrating sites with external APIs.
- Troubleshooting and patching bugs in premium plugins and themes, always taking an update-proof approach and taking the time to find the most reliable way to implement a change first.
- Turning designs into custom WordPress themes.
I am experienced in using
- PHP, incl. WordPress and the Symfony and Laravel frameworks,
- HTML, CSS and SASS, incl. the BEM methodology,
- code compilers, such as Webpack, Parcel, and Grunt,
- design patterns for clean code,
- testing tools, such as PHPUnit, WP_Mock, Xdebug,
- version control systems, such as Git, SVN, and CVS,
- remote collaboration apps, such as GitHub, YouTrack, JIRA, Trello, etc.