I focus on programming projects that constitute a web app’s or website’s functionality rather than design-to-website conversion work.
I am, however, also fluent in converting designs into fully-functional WordPress themes that make use of modern technologies and adhere to web standards.
I am experienced in using
- PHP, incl. WordPress and the Symfony and Laravel frameworks,
- HTML, CSS and SASS, incl. the BEM methodology,
- design patterns for clean code,
- testing and debugging tools, such as PHPUnit, WP_Mock, Xdebug, React Testing Library, and Jest,
- version control systems, such as Git, SVN, and CVS,
- remote collaboration apps, such as GitHub, JIRA, Trello, etc.
- other programming languages, like Java, Python, and Bash scripting.
My past projects include
- Web app and software integration development at SMSAPI.
- Developing WordPress plugins, such as a two-factor authentication plugin and a plugin restricting access to posts based on user roles and post categories.
- Adding extra functionality to existing plugins, including WooCommerce Bookings and The Events Calendar.
- Building React-powered sites using WordPress’ REST API from scratch.
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs in premium plugins and themes, always taking an update-proof approach and taking the time to find the most reliable way to implement a change first.
- Troubleshooting website performance.
- Turning designs into custom WordPress themes.